The Disability Commission, established in 2021, is a seven-member volunteer board appointed by the Town Manager with concurrence of the Select Board, to advocate for an inclusive community for all residents. The mission of the Disability Commission is to collaborate with community leaders, town officials, residents, businesses, and organizations to promote awareness and full participation of people with disabilities in the town. The Commission works with the Town of Westborough to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations regarding people with disabilities.
Specifically in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 40, Section 8J, the Commission's role is to:
- Research local problems of people with disabilities
- Advise municipal officials in ensuring compliance with federal and state disability-related laws
- Coordinate with and carry out programs of the Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities as they affect people with disabilities
- Provide information and resources to individuals, businesses and organization on matters pertaining to disability or disability regulations
The commission consists of seven members who are appointed by the Town Manager for three year terms.
Meeting times may vary. Check calendar for posted meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are posted in advance of each meeting in accordance with open meeting law and available on this website. Minutes are posted following approval.
|William Hezlitt||Assistant Building Commissioner||Indefinite|